Software Engineer specializing in Java Script, PHP and MySQL, with over 10 years of programming and database development experience. Focusing primarily on database driven web applications and current web coding practices. I have always worked as a full stack developer and I am looking for opportunities where I can utilize both front-end and back-end technologies. I have recently been working with Python and Django and would like to continue to incorporate those technologies into new projects.
Primary Languages: PHP, SQL, Java Script (OOJS), AJAX, HTML, CSS, JSON and XML
Other languages: Java, Python
Frameworks: Zend, Symfony, CodeIgniter, Django, jQuery, Bootstrap
Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server and Access
Software: Eclipse, Netbeans, Xcode, Photoshop, Illustrator
Source control: Git, SVN and CVS
Hosting/Server: AWS (Amazon Web Services), RackSpace, RackCloud
- Macintosh, Unix (Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris), and Windows.
- Web servers: Apache, Tomcat and IIS
- Advanced Programming (OOP, Design Patterns and Data Structures), Database Design and Front-end development
- Test Driven Development and Agile Development Processes
- Networking for PC, Unix and Mac computers
- Advanced and experienced Graphic Design skills
TrackVia - (Denver, CO) August 2011 - Present
Senior Software Engineer
- Created dynamic UI components for "build it yourself" application software. Including drag & drop and asynchronous features.
- Migration of legacy Perl code into PHP/Symfony including rewrite of permissions model
- Lead on RESTful API development and integration of OAuth 2.0
- Designed and updated database schema including query optimization
- Developed Unit Tests and Integration tests using PHPUnit
Software Engineer for Social Platform
- Lead on Front-end implementations and integrations in a LAMP environment
- Migration of legacy front-end into an MVC based framework
- API development and implementation for integrating Social features into third party interfaces
- Development of Models and DAO's for back-end data layer
- Developed Unit Tests and Functional tests using PHPUnit and Watir
- Created Object Oriented Java Script framework that handled AJAX requests and simulated browser functionality like browser history, named anchors and application state. This allowed for a single html page to handle all requests via AJAX while maintaining browser history and application state.
- Helped develop automated unit testing and functional testing for Java Script
- Engineered, programmed and developed business process management software
- Designed and created a customized PHP application framework and customized database schema.
- Advised and implemented all technical aspects of the software development process, as well as managing third party consultants.
- Purchased and negotiated contracts with server facilities for hosting the TouchStone application
- Managed all upgrades and releases of the TouchStone application
- Implemented policies for source control and system upgrades
- Designed and built custom web-based applications
- Maintained and Designed custom databases and database applications (MySQL, Oracle and Access)
- Implemented and Designed data migration tools for importing mainframe data into more efficient database schemas
- Coordinate web projects and manage work-flow for all web projects at SBCC
- Supervise Web Development Staff
Instructor - Advanced Wed Design
- Created course curriculum
- Worked with Department Chair to develop course material for Web Design program
- Designed and developed Web Sites and custom Web Applications
- Created and designed custom databases and content management systems
- Designed logos, brochures, marketing material, and magazine ads
- Worked with various companies as technical and creative consultant
Originally hired in the San Jose office and then relocated to New York to help establish the New York office and company headquarters
- Designed and developed new web technologies for the LiveTechnology’s core suite of business applications
- Designed and developed websites, portals and online applications
- Traveled between San Jose and New York to work on special projects
- Created Java Script framework that handled AJAX requests and simulated browser functionality like browser history, named anchors and application state while utilizing a single html page.
- Engineered and constructed an online business process management system for TouchStone Business Systems. This project included building a customized PHP framework, using the MVC model, which enabled an all encompassing system for launching new client systems and system libraries through an easy-to-use interface.
- Designed and developed content management system for Santa Barbara City College, which enabled departments to update content in real-time, while maintaining the college brand and maintaining Section 508 Accessibility requirements.
- Designed and built Santa Barbara City College Online College Website, which handled registration and payment processing for all Online courses.
- Developed and Designed Online Voting System for Santa Barbara City College, which provided secure and accurate voting for Student Elections. This system mapped data from an existing Student System for secure authentication and accurate voting.
- Worked as one of the core developer/designers to create an online, site measurement tool called LiveStat, which was re-branded and sold to Jupiter Media Metrix to become one of their leading website measurement technologies.
- Leading designer and developer for the creation of an online brand management system for Texaco and Shell. The brand managing tool would allow the corporate office complete control of its branding while allowing their franchises to control the goods, services and pricing for their individual franchise websites. This brand managing tool became the leading technology for LiveTechnology, which is now currently generating content management tools for many leading franchise companies.
Colorado Technical University (Colorado Springs, CO)
Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering – Graduated June 2007
GPA: 3.86 Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Professional Certificates: Object Oriented Methods, Software Engineering Process, Software Engineering Application, and Unix Network Administration
Santa Barbara City College (Santa Barbara, CA)
• Computer Science
• Liberal Arts
Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA)
• Graphic Design
• Computer Arts